Cariari (part 4): more manmade interventions into the landscape
and more reactions from the natural world…
I tried out a new process with this roll. In the past, I’ve imported the raw negatives directly from the camera into Lightroom and performed all the conversion and developing in Lightroom. This method works well enough, but the backwards controls are bothersome, especially with the shadow and highlight recovery sliders, which seem to act on overall brightness, rather than on the highlights or shadows.
So I decided to try an experiment. I imported them with Adobe Camera Raw, made all the conversion adjustments, then saved out a tiff file. I then imported those tiffs into Lightroom and adjusted them normally.
It worked fairly well, Alhamdulillah, well enough that it—or something similar—might become my usual process.